The Queensland Government has announced that it will provide grants of up to $10,000 for eligible small or micro business’ who are subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 government restrictions to assist them to adapt and sustain their business. There are grants available for legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification.
Certain eligibility criteria apply, an applicant must:
• have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020;
• demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19;
• employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant;
• have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020;
• be registered for GST;
• have a Queensland headquarters;
• have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year;
• have a payroll of less than $1.3 million; and
• not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
For more information see
If you believe your business is eligible and would benefit from advice to adapt to changed market conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us for a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your eligibility and how we can help. Funds are limited so hurry to take advantage of this opportunity for your business.
Call us on 07 3009 8444
Partner – Commercial and Property
Rostron Carlyle Rojas Lawyers