Clayton is a senior member of the commercial practice based in Rostron Carlyle Rojas’ Brisbane office. He has extensive experience in commercial and estate planning. His experience includes SMEs and acting for high net individuals in business structuring, asset protection, commercial agreements and estate planning.
Clayton also provides advice to directors of public and listed companies on directors’ duties, general corporate compliance and the taxation implications of business strategies, some of which have involved expansion via the regular acquisition of businesses. Clayton is therefore well positioned to assist in business sales/acquisitions and can offer advice on any ancillary leasing, security and loan issues. Prior to joining Rostron Carlyle Rojas in 2012, Clayton practised at a mid-tier and a Brisbane boutique law firm. He is a highly capable lawyer with a determined and positive outlook.
Clayton has over five years’ experience advising clients on the following:
- Security and loan issues
- Trusts and asset protection
- Business structures
- Commercial agreements
- Wills and estate planning
- Australian Consumer Law: Warranty against defects and the mandatory statement to be provided to consumers
- Update: Trust attack averted (for now)
- Asset protection and income splitting after the federal election
- Terms and Conditions of Trade – what to include and what not to include
- Insolvency Law reforms and its impact on business and directors
- The Pitfalls of Do It Yourself Wills