07 3009 8444
Gerard is a member of the property and commercial team based in Rostron Carlyle Rojas’ Brisbane office. He has worked on some of the largest property transactions in Australia including many of Brisbane’s high profile CBD transactions. Gerard has in-depth experience in property and commercial deals and is a practical, delivery focused lawyer who demonstrates a real commitment to his clients. Gerard previously practised in both a major national law firm, mid-tier and a boutique Brisbane practice prior to joining Rostron Carlyle Rojas in 2015. During his time at Rostron Carlyle Rojas, Gerard has been instrumental in expanding Rostron Carlyle Rojas’ property and commercial practice.
He has over 30 years’ experience advising clients in all aspects of the following:
- Property Development.
- Acquisitions and Sales of Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Rural and Residential Real Estate.
- Major Leasing Transactions.
- Community Title Projects including Master Planned Communities, Resorts and Mixed Use Developments.
- Major Leasing Transactions.
- Due Diligence.
- Joint Ventures and Development Agreements.
- Business Sales and Acquisitions.
- Preparing and negotiating Sale, Supply, Manufacturing, Distribution, Franchise and Licences Agreements.
- Management Rights.
- Advising on a major and complex project for Foundation Early Learning (FEL)
- acquiring childcare businesses and companies in Queensland, Australian Capital Territory, Western Australia and Victoria
- negotiating Agreements for lease for new centres in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia
- Advised an Australian REIT in a “fund through” acquisition of three industrial properties over $50 million
- Acted for a major Australian developer in the negotiations of a joint venture for a $300 million staged/tiered industrial, retail and office development including the sale of a half interest in the estate and titling/structuring issues
- Negotiated the development agreement and advised the developer of a $1.3 billion master planned residential community
- Acted on a major development organisation in a leasehold transaction for a commercial office development over $30 million structured as a fund through deal
- Advised an international retailer in its store roll out in Queensland including site acquisitions, site amalgamation, agreements for lease/lease to the value exceeding $100 million
- Acted in the development of the marina, hotel, golf course and sale of residences at the Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast
- Advised on all aspects of the development and sale of properties at Varsity Lakes and Woodlands master planned communities
- Acted in the sale of the Hilton Hotel and Wintergarden Shopping Centre, Brisbane
Gerard’s experience also includes a secondment as legal counsel to the Australian subsidiary of the National Panasonic group of Japan to manage the legal aspects of the group’s Australian real estate operations.