Levi joined Rostron Carlyle Rojas in August 2016 as our Head of Insolvency. He has significant experience in advising insolvency practitioners, creditors and company directors in navigating all areas of insolvency.
Admitted as a solicitor in 2005, Levi has spent most of his career working in a leading national law firm in the areas of commercial disputes and insolvency. Earlier in his career, Levi spent a year working for a large law firm in London and also worked for a year in Japan.
Levi has worked on a wide range of external administrations involving various industries such as construction, telecommunication services, financial services, food services, hospitality, transport and retail. Levi has acted in winding up and bankruptcy proceedings, as well as various insolvency related Court applications, public examination hearings, voidable transaction claims and insolvent trading claims in the State and Federal Courts. Levi brings a strategic, detailed and practical approach to reach commercial outcomes in providing insolvency advice and resolving disputes.
- Conducting a Federal Court trial of an insolvent trading claim against a director
- Acting in large unfair preference claims and uncommercial transaction claims in the Supreme Courts of Queensland and New South Wales
- Acting in Supreme Court applications to enforce equitable lien entitlements for administrators and liquidators in respect of the care and sale of company assets
- Successful appeal proceedings in the Queensland Supreme Court and the Federal Court
- Resolving substantial property related litigation involving trade practices issues in the Federal Court
- Acting in freezing/Mareva order applications and security for costs applications
- Acting in applications to extend convening periods under the Corporations Act 2001, applications to review or approve remuneration of administrators and liquidators and proceedings in respect of the disputed distribution of surplus funds in a liquidation
- Advising as to Deeds of Company Arrangement