Peter has more than 40 years experience in the migration industry. He worked in the Department of Immigration in Canberra and overseas for nearly 25 years (1979-2003). During this time, he had 6 postings with the department (Kuala Lumpur [twice], Colombo, Beijing, San Francisco and Shanghai) where he headed the Visa Section in his last 5 postings. In 1991 he was awarded the Department of Immigration’s Australia Day medallion for service to the department.
Since April 2004, he has worked as a MARA accredited migration lawyer in Canberra, Gold Coast and currently in Brisbane (MARN 0427478). He has previously taught the Graduate Certificate in Migration Law at the Australian National University to people wanting to be migration agents (2007-2010). Since 2010 he has taught Immigration & Refugee Law at Griffith University at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He is also the Convener of the St Vincent de Paul Migration Advice Service, a free advisory service to the poor and needy in South East Queensland.
He has represented clients successfully in the Department of Immigration, and the Migration Review Tribunal. Peter has assisted clients from all over the world, and across all the visa programs.
- Master in Law (Legal Practice) Australian National University 2006
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) University of Canberra 2003
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences) Canberra College of Advanced Education 1979
- Graduate Diploma in Librarianship Canberra College of Advanced Education 1976
- Bachelor of Arts Australian National University 1974
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of ACT
- Member of the Law Society of Queensland
- Member of Migration Institute of Australia
- Member of Migration Alliance