- Full-service mid-tier firm
- Enviable client list
- Central CBD location
RCR Lawyers is a market leading, nationally recognised, mid-tier firm providing commercial, client centric advice to corporations, government departments, and individuals. We pride ourselves on providing practical and realistic solutions to our clients.
This is an opportunity for a strong and talented lawyer wishing to take the next step in their career in a supportive and discrete team environment. Successful candidates will have solid experience in general commercial, business, contract, and property transactional work. Working closely with Brisbane partners and senior lawyers, you will have the opportunity to act for clients in a range of industry sectors.
Your Skill set:
- 2-5 years’ solid and quality experience in commercial and business transactions in a range of matters.
- Technical knowledge: A solid understanding and working knowledge of commercial and business transactional dealings is essential.
- Drafting and settling of legal documents, including letters of structuring advice, commercial agreements, and other general business agreements, will be an essential component of your everyday tasks. You will be confident and able in your drafting ability, with an ability to write with precision and clarity.
- Autonomous: You will be comfortable with having carriage of a reasonable and manageable file load, with the support and guidance of partners and other senior lawyers.
- Communication skills: You will have the ability to communicate and articulate and negotiate effectively and have excellent communication skills with opposing lawyers and clients.
- A Commercial Approach: You will have a commercial approach and sound judgement in approaching a matter and seeking a client focused outcome.
- Professional and Ethical Standards: You will have and aspire to maintaining high ethical and professional standards in your work.
- A team player: Whilst working independently and autonomously, as part of a team you will have an open and collaborative approach.
- Commitment and work ethic: You will be prepared to put in the “hard yards” to achieve good results.
- Attractive salary package
- Realistic billable targets and KPIs
- Open door policy
- Mentoring from partners and senior solicitors
- Career progression – promotion based on merit NOT years post admission
- Broad exposure to a variety of complex and challenging matters
- Continuing education seminars and conferences
- Attendance at industry events
- Ability to take part in business development & client functions
- QLS annual membership
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Practicing Certificate
Location of the Role:
This role is located in Brisbane CBD.