Buy, invest, rent and develop property without complications
Commercial property is a sector with complex legal nuances. Whether it’s your first time making a commercial property deal or you’re an industry veteran, it’s a challenge to keep up with your legal rights and obligations.
Our commercial property lawyers work with corporate clients who acquire property as part of their business operations. We support property owners, investors, developers, landlords, and commercial tenants to manage property transactions, agreements, and issues.
Make commercial property deals that make sense
Commercial property deals can mean high-risk, big budgets, and complex regulatory requirements. Make your moves across property deals, developments, and commercial spaces with backup from experienced commercial property lawyers. Our experience spans a range of industries including medical and health, agriculture and rural property, residential development and commercial projects.
Who we act for in commercial property matters
Our clients range from large national institutional corporate fund managers to private companies and private individuals. Our recent matters include acting for:
- an institutional national fund selling a $115M commercial property in Queensland
- due diligence on a private barrier reef island resort for $30M
- a steel fabrication contractor in the successful resolution of a major dispute on a landmark federal government military base
- a not-for-profit specialist educational services client in the construction of a specialist school
- advising property developers on termination rights under “sunset clauses” in off the plan sales contracts
- large National Childcare Providers, operators and franchise networks with site acquisitions and leasing arrangements
- high net wealth families and individuals with land and property acquisitions, development and leasing arrangements.
How we help our commercial property clients
- Property purchases and sales — commercial, residential, retail and rural.
- Property easing — commercial, retail and industrial
- Real estate and retail properties for shopping centres
- Due diligence
- Contract set-up and negotiation
- Dispute mediation and settlement
- Resumptions and compensation claims
- Valuation appeals
- Easements and other user rights
- Body corporate and community management advice
- Community titles schemes documentation and establishment
- Commercial and industrial leasing
- Project finance – from major institutional lenders to private specialist funders