Property, Commercial, Commercial Litigation
07 3009 8444
Michael is a senior practitioner of the property, commercial and commercial litigation team based in our Brisbane office. He has significant expertise with a broad spectrum of work ranging from banking and finance, business transactions, property and commercial, dispute resolution and not for profit organisations.
His extensive experience includes advising large corporations, Federal, State and Local Government departments, as well as local and regional businesses, and has seen him recognised as a trusted adviser in his field. His knowledge, relationships and experience in the banking and finance industry originate from having established on the largest privately owned mortgage settlement operations in Queensland. Michael is also an accomplished commercial dispute resolution and work place and employment lawyer.
Michael develops relationships with his client based on developing a sound understanding of his clients businesses and goals and trust and integrity. His personal, practical and straight to the point approach is appreciated by a long list of loyal clients. He also has a keen interest in assisting foreign companies and wealthy private individuals in foreign investment.
He also holds the positions of chair of risk committee at a leading private school in Brisbane and a board position on a not for profit non- mainstream specialist school.
Michael’s depth of 30 years’ experience in advising and acting for clients includes the following:
- Property Transactions
- Commercial and Business Transactions
- Banking and Finance
- Employment and Workplace
- Dispute Resolution
- Selling your business: Pre-sale preparation and audit
- Exercising Options? Take Care
- Enforcement of Shareholder Restraints
- How hard is it to show a “genuine dispute” in setting aside a statutory demand?
- An Employer’s Liability as an accessory for misuse of confidential information by its own employees.
- Unfair Business to Business Contract Terms
- The Rectification of Wills
- Shareholder Disputes: Winding up or purchase of shares of a solvent trading company?