07 3009 8444
Paul is a Managing Partner at Rostron Carlyle Rojas Lawyers and a key driver of the firm’s overall development, growth and innovation. Quality delivery and client services are at the heart of Paul’s vision for the firm.
Paul also heads up the Commercial Litigation practice for the firm, backed by a wealth of experience in major litigation in both Supreme and Federal jurisdictions for a wide range of commercial clients, particularly government agencies, insurance companies, lenders, insolvency practitioners.
Paul is an expert across:
- Domestic and commercial building and construction disputes and corporate recovery
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Commercial and consumer finance disputes
- Personal property securities, secured and unsecured debt recovery
- Contractual disputes, trade practices
- Consumer law and negligence
Clients include some of Australia’s leading insolvency practitioners whom Paul has represented as administrators, receivers, liquidators and trustees. Paul works closely with insolvency practitioners on a wide range of issues arising out of different external administrations and arrangements. He has worked with insolvency practitioners in a range of different industries including construction, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Paul has acted for company directors, creditors and debtors in restructuring, winding up and bankruptcy proceedings in the Supreme, Federal Circuit and Federal Courts. Paul brings a strategic, practical and commercial approach to resolving disputes.
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Building Dispute Practitioners Society Inc.
- Member of the Master Builders Institute of Building Consultants
- Member of the Housing Industry Association Limited
- Member of the Civil Contractors Federation
- Member of the Australian Shop and Office Fitting Industry Association
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Member of the Australian Institute of Credit Management (AICM)
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory
- Acting in large scale BCIPA claims under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act
- Acting in large scale insurance recovery matters under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act
- Acting for liquidators in major voidable preference actions and insolvent trading claims
- Advising and assisting directors, creditors and companies on directors duties and disputes, shareholder disputes and insolvency related issues
- Road Map to Trade Marking
- QBCC Insurance- Problems with a builder in Queensland?
- The Subcontractors’ Charges Act – A Case Study
- Winding up a company based on Shareholder disputes
- 10 Golden Rules of Credit Control
- Has your company been served with a Statutory Demand?
- Directors who provide Statutory Declarations personally liable
- Security of Payment- BIF Act Changes
- Q&A: Using Caveats Over Real Property in Debt Collection
- Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 – Major changes for the Queensland building and construction sector are here