We are hiring!
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced debt recovery paralegal to join our busy practice.
We are a leading full service mid-size law firm with a reputation for providing exceptional legal services to our clients. We provide commercial, client centric advice to corporations, government departments & individuals. We pride ourselves in providing solutions to our clients, in a manner that they can understand.
- Experience in (unsecured) debt collection / debt recovery processes & litigation.
- A good understanding of the Court Rules, including enforcement processes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence in your drafting skills.
- Comfort and confidence in having carriage of your own file load, with the support and guidance of the paralegal manager and lawyers.
- A Commercial approach: You will have the ability to articulate and negotiate effectively and have excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and autonomously, as part of a bigger team and you will have an open and collaborative approach.
What you will be doing
- Drafting legal documents in various Australian jurisdictions (such as commencing Claims, obtaining Judgments and enforcing Judgments by way of various enforcement processes);
- Drafting correspondence to various stakeholders (to the Court, defendants or solicitors);
- Running files under supervision (including management of critical deadlines);
- Obtaining client instructions and actioning these in accordance with internal service standards;
- Account related duties including processing third-party disbursements (eg. Process server fees);
- General administrative duties, such as diary and file management (including filing, bring ups, opening and archiving files); and
- Working collaboratively with the litigation partner and team.
Location of Role
We are located on Adelaide Street, Brisbane City Qld 4000.
If you are an ambitious and motivated paralegal with a passion for litigation and debt recovery, we want to hear from you. Please reach out to us directly if you are interested in joining our team or if you know someone looking for a change.