We are hiring!
A fantastic opportunity exists for a junior construction lawyer to join our busy practice.
We are a leading full-service mid-size law firm with a reputation for providing exceptional legal services to our clients. We provide commercial, client-centric advice to corporations, government departments, construction companies, individuals & homeowners. We pride ourselves in providing solutions to our clients, in a manner that they can understand.
- 1-5 years’ experience in construction law and/or commercial litigation.
- A solid understanding and working knowledge of security of payment legislation and Australian standard construction contracts.
- A solid understanding of the UCPR.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence in your drafting skills.
- Comfort and confidence in having carriage of your own file load, with the support and guidance of partners and senior lawyers.
- A Commercial approach: You will have the ability to articulate and negotiate effectively and have excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and autonomously, as part of a bigger team and you will have an open and collaborative approach.
What you will be doing:
- Advising clients on a broad range of building and construction matters, including dispute resolution and construction litigation.
- Managing a caseload of construction matters, including drafting legal documents and preparing for and appearing in various Courts.
- Working collaboratively with the Construction partner and team.
Location of Role
We are located on Adelaide Street, Brisbane City Qld 4000.
If you are an ambitious and motivated lawyer with a passion for construction law, we want to hear from you. Please reach out to us directly if you are interested in joining our team or if you know someone looking for a change.