Michael has been with Rostron Carlyle Rojas since early 2016 as a member of the commercial litigation team. Having started in the firm’s Brisbane office and now being based in Sydney, he has serviced clients across Australia.
Since joining the firm, Michael has been closely involved in delivering results for clients involved in complex litigation and adjudication in both State and Federal Courts as well as having acted for clients in a number of alternative dispute resolution forums. Michael is a keen strategist who works to minimise the effects of litigation on his clients.
Michael has particular experience across the following fields:
- Domestic and commercial building and construction disputes
- Security for payment disputes and adjudications
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Corporate restructure
- Personal property securities, secured and unsecured debt recovery
- Contractual disputes
Michael is highly competent in the areas of building and construction law and insolvency. He has presented on topics of defective building works and security for payment legislation in both Queensland and New South Wales to industry stakeholders and members groups such as HIA and Master Builders.
Michael works closely with leading insolvency practitioners and is currently undertaking specialist accreditation through the ARITA Advanced Certification in Insolvency, Restructuring and Turnaround. He intends to complete this certification by late 2019.
- Advanced Certification in Insolvency, Restructuring and Turnaround, ARITA (ongoing)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, University of Victoria, B.C. Canada
- Legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Legal practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Member of New South Wales Law Society
- New South Wales Business Chamber of Commerce
- Master Builders
- Exercising Options? Take Care
- Successful Exclusion of Record of Interview – Trafficking Charge Dropped
- Operation Oscar Ektara – Drug Trafficking with immediate parole
- Client Acquitted on Armed Robbery Charges after District Court Trial
- Road Map to Trade Marking
- Enforcement of Shareholder Restraints
- How hard is it to show a “genuine dispute” in setting aside a statutory demand?
- Problems with a builder in Queensland?
- The Subcontractors’ Charges Act – A Case Study
- Winding up a company based on Shareholder disputes