- Full service mid-tier firm
- Enviable client list comprising both private and government clients
- Central CBD location
RCR Lawyers is a market leading, nationally recognised, mid-tier firm providing commercial, client centric advice to corporations, government departments and individuals. We pride ourselves in providing solutions to our clients, in a manner that they can understand.
As RCR Lawyers continues on a growth journey, there are exciting opportunities for solicitors, associates and senior associates to join our firm in our commercial litigation practice group. Successful candidates will have solid experience in either general commercial litigation, insolvency, financial services litigation and/or construction litigation. Working closely with Brisbane partners and senior lawyers, you will have the opportunity to act for private and government clients in a range of industry sectors.
Your Skill set:
- 3-8 years’ experience in either commercial litigation, insolvency, financial services litigation and/or construction litigation.
- A solid understanding and working knowledge of the UCPR.
- Advocacy experience: You will have experience in appearing at winding up applications, bankruptcy hearings, interlocutory applications and summary judgement applications in State and Federal Courts.
- Drafting and settling of legal documents, including letters of advice, pleadings, general court documents and briefs, will be an essential component of your everyday tasks. You will be confident and able in your drafting ability, whilst being supported by your colleagues.
- Autonomous: You will be comfortable with having carriage of a sizeable file load, with the support and guidance of partners and other senior lawyers.
- Commercial approach: You will have an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively and have excellent communication skills.
- A team player: Whilst working independently and autonomously, as part of bigger team you will have an open and collaborative approach.
- Attractive salary package
- Realistic billable targets and KPI’s
- Open door policy
- Mentoring from partners and senior solicitors
- Career progression – promotion based on merit NOT years post admission
- Broad exposure to a variety of complex and challenging matters
- Continuing education seminars and conferences
- Attendance at industry events
- Ability to take part in business development & client functions
- QLS annual membership
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Practicing Certificate
LOCATION OF ROLE:
We are located on Adelaide Street, Brisbane City Qld 4000.