Renée is a Senior Associate and Accredited Family Law Specialist in Rostron Carlyle Rojas’ family law department, and has practised primarily in the family law sector for over 10 years.
Renée commenced her career in the legal profession in Central Queensland, before moving to Brisbane in 2012. While practising in a regional area, she had many clients who were involved in family partnerships which had to be considered in the division of property between spouses, and clients undertaking fly-in fly-out work around which parenting arrangements were negotiated. She has been involved in advising clients who have complex property and financial structures, and assisting them achieve effective financial outcomes for the future, as well as advising clients in parenting matters where there have been allegations of family violence and risk of abuse to children.
Renée takes a practical and commercially focussed approach to providing her clients with advice and assisting them to resolve issues in dispute regarding their financial matters. She is empathic and understanding of the conflict and emotion which clients often face when resolving parenting arrangements following separation.
Renée has successfully assisted her clients in resolving their issues in dispute via negotiations or at Mediation, and also litigated numerous matters in the Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
- Property settlements and spousal support for married and de facto couples
- Parenting arrangements for children, including recovery and relocation orders
- Financial Agreements entered into either before or during a marriage or de facto relationship
- Child support arrangements for children including Binding and Limited Child Support Agreements
- Admission as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors of the High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Child Protection Practitioners Association of Queensland Limited
- Greater Brisbane Family Law Pathways
- Exercising Options? Take Care
- Successful Exclusion of Record of Interview – Trafficking Charge Dropped
- Operation Oscar Ektara – Drug Trafficking with immediate parole
- Client Acquitted on Armed Robbery Charges after District Court Trial
- Road Map to Trade Marking
- Enforcement of Shareholder Restraints
- How hard is it to show a “genuine dispute” in setting aside a statutory demand?
- Problems with a builder in Queensland?
- The Subcontractors’ Charges Act – A Case Study
- Winding up a company based on Shareholder disputes